A weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish :)
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday post is about the top ten books that make you swoon. Perfect for Valentine’s Day! I had a really hard time narrowing this list down to ten books, so be warned: These are without a doubt ten swoonworthy books, but they might not be the ten swooniest books out there!!! So, in no particular order… (click the titles to lead you to goodreads!)
Anna and the French Kiss – Stephanie Perkins
Paris, boarding school, boy with an English accent. What more could you want?
Shatter Me & Unravel Me – Tahereh Mafi
Shower scene and Chapter 62… Need I say more?
Fangirl – Rainbow Rowell
Levi is super adorable, and is so great to Cath.
My Life Next Door – Huntley Fitzpatrick
Jace Garrett. The boy of my dreams. Why can’t I have a super hot, loving, amazing boy next door?!
Pushing the Limits – Katie McGarry
Hot boy with tattoos. Mmmmmmm.
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight – Jennifer E. Smith
Meeting and falling in love at the airport while waiting for a delayed flight? YES PLEASE! Don’t forget – British boy!!!
The Truth About Forever – Sarah Dessen
Wes – the tortured artist. Another bonus: NO INSTALOVE IN SIGHT!
Vampire Academy – Richelle Mead
Dimitri <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 ASFWEIFJWLGLVNLWEWFWLEIJF. yup.
The Princess Diaries – Meg Cabot
OK, who doesn’t want some Michael lovin’?
Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
The classic swoonworthy male: Mr. Darcy.
So, what are you favourite swoonworthy books? Any you want to recommend? Are you fans of any of the books I have chosen? I WANT TO KNOW!
A weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish :)
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday post is about the characters – for whatever reason – that you would never ever in a million years trade places with. Monica and I decided to spilt this one up this week, and we each chose 5 characters we would never trade places with! So, in no particular order…
- Harry Potter (Harry Potter Series): I mean, as cool as it would be to realize you were “the chosen one” and all that, would you REALLY want to be? I mean sure it’d be fun being someone like Ron or Neville who helped out and got credit for being awesome but being Harry himself? No thanks, that would mean taking on even more responsibility than I already have PLUS you’d have to deal with the pressure of having to kill one of the most powerful, dangerous and scary people in the world.
- Bella Swan (Twilight Series): Honestly, maybe I just didn’t like her that much in general, but as gorgeous as Rob Pattinson is, would you really want someone around who basically stalked you and was addicted to your blood? Added to that you have a younger werewolf with some serious angst also pining for you. Sorry, I know both of them are incredibly attractive but I’d probably get annoyed with them for a) stalking me and b) obnoxiously warning me about another guy.
- Gemma Doyle (Great and Terrible Beauty): First off, her family life is just going downhill (that’s all I’m saying, no spoilers from me!) and she gets shipped off to a boarding school. She may be able to transport to other realms but what if you get stuck there? What if your friends get stuck there and blame you? I’d rather stay with two feet in the real world and just live in London.
- Simon (City of Bones Series): Again, it’s really hard to say why I wouldn’t trade places with him without giving away anything to people who haven’t read it, but it’s pretty obvious he’s in love with his best friend. And she doesn’t reciprocate, which frankly, sucks. That alone would make me not want to trade places with him, though I’d probably hang out with him.
- Nick Carroway (The Great Gatsby): At first you’d want to trade places with him then you realize that being him would actually be the worst. His cousin Daisy, and his ‘friend’ who he just met use him as a go between to get together and then Daisy’s husband also reveals that he’s cheating to Nick. The guy keeps so many secrets and has to play it cool, something I definitely couldn’t and wouldn’t want to do.
- Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games Trilogy): Okay okay, I know she’s a kickass heroine and all that great stuff, but personally? I wouldn’t be able to handle all of that pressure! She’s started a revolution that she didn’t even mean to start, she’s got two very gorgeous boys pining after her but can’t bring her self to choose which one she wants to be with, and OH YEAH! She gets plucked out of her life into an arena to fight TO THE DEATH not once, but twice! Mmhmmm, I think I’m good where I am right now thank you very much.
- Georgina Nicolson (Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging): Basically, this girl is hilarious. Unfortunately, her hilarity does not make up for how super awkward her life is! I wouldn’t be able to handle some/most of the things that happen to this girl. Nor do I look good in a beret!
- Juliette (Shatter Me): I’m going to keep this one short and sweet. Juliette’s touch kills people. I would go insane if I had to grow up in the absence of human touch, and not being able to hold and hug the people you love would be torture.
- Angie Chapman (Pretty Girl-13): Angie goes missing, shows up on her doorstep three years later, and can’t remember anything about the time she was gone, nor remember that she was actually missing. Aside from missing three years of my life from my memory, I wouldn’t really be a fan of getting kidnapped either. And I don’t want to give away any spoilers here, but as Angie’s memories begin to resurface, we learn that some pretty awful things happened to her when she was kidnapped. I would not ever want to experience what she did.
- Meggie (Inkheart): Meggie has the ability to enter the worlds of the books she reads, as well as read characters out of them by reading aloud from them. Sounds pretty great, right??! WRONG! She has no control over this power, and what if she was reading a really scary book or something?? I mean, this whole post evidences that there are some characters and worlds that we would never want to enter. So, although Meggie’s gift has it’s merits, it is also a curse. No thanks!
So tell me: What characters would you never trade places with? Why? Are there any people that you would LOVE to trade places with?? WE WANT TO KNOW!